ABW is working on developing an annotated links page that only contains currently active links related to the fiber arts. This will grow slowly as button creation takes precedence! Buttons and this site come first! Obviously, I'm starting first in my home state, with the one exception of the Fiber Arts dot org site.
- Grand Isle Art Works Wonderful, well-run gallery in the heart of Vermont Lake Champlain Islands. One of the owners keeps sheep and spins the most gorgeious wool for spectacular yarns.
- fiberarts.org: I've no idea where this site comes from, but it offers a world of information about fiber organizations the world over, and a supplier directory.
- Six Loose Ladies Yarn & Fiber Shop is the retail arm of the non-profit Fiber Arts in Vermont a cooperative run entirely by volunteers.
- Fiber Arts in VermontHard-working folks in Proctorsville, are working on a new fiber organization!
- The River Spinners: Headquartered in Brattleboro, Vermont, this active group meets once a month and provides an excellent calendar of local events.
- National Button Society: I learned about this group/organization from readin Jill Gorski's BUTTONS Field Guide. (BTW, she is a very good writer and this is a wonderful book.) The National Button Society is a going concern that puts on shows much as do large philatelic organizations and apparently one of the largest is in Manchester, NH.
- Button Displays: This link takes you to the index page for Ohio Buttons award winning trays. Click on any of the years and you will likely be sucked in as I was! The buttons are on display on the Buckeye State Button Society's web page.